Thursday, July 17, 2008

Prayers for Paula answered.... Praise God!

Yay Paula! Prayers for successful surgery, details below:

Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:57 pm (PDT)

Dear St. Thomas More families,

Praise be Jesus. Your prayers have been working and your comforting
words have warmed my heart. I can see the Lord working in every area
of my life. I found out last Monday I had breast cancer, tuesday I
was in for a biopsy, wednesday was the news that it was cancer in my
right breast with almost half being filled but that I caught it
miraculously early because most woman with that much cancer it could
have been more invasive. The docter said he see's over 300 woman a
year and I'm 1 of the 300 that it was contained. I said "Its God".
This type of cancer was caused by estrogen and is very curable. I am
having surgery this friday to have my right breast removed along with
some lymphnodes to make sure all is ok. I will pray that the cancer
was not to close to my chest wall. If so radiation and other means
may be needed to take this away. Your continous prayers are
appreciated and working to keep the mood in our house on a more
upbeat level.

Yesterday I came home with Chris after meeting with the surgen to a
house filled with college students many of you would know them. Some
attending the UW others working hard at there jobs. These kids I've
known some since 14 now in their 20's. And I can tell you. You have
raised amazing kids. My yard looks lovely and I'm excited for the
grass to grow so we can enjoy summer picnics and bbq's outside and
even a formal dining room that was a school room is now a beautiful
eating area for family to enjoy being together for meals as it was
painted and re organized. Thank you again to all those kids if you
are reading my email.

To sum everything up, don't take a day for granted, kiss your kids,
hug your husband and truely take the moment to say "i'm listening".
Call upon the Blessed Mother for she has been in every situation we
as mothers have been in. We were chosen to be mothers from the day we
were born. Calling on her and relying on her son most gracious love
is what we are called to do. We are servants but servants that smile.
I've learned that through these working breasts :) from nursing
babies or giving hugs or a place for my husbands or childrens head to
rest. Their not coming for a pillow, its not about the flesh. Their
coming to a mother's love. And this can and always will be said
through our hands, eyes, ears, words etc. Continue to be praise
worthy mothers, take your moments to scream in the bathroom or cry
behind closed doors but continue to trust and see the joy and laugh.
You all are wonderful moms and it shows through your kids.

Sincerely in Christs love,

Paula Mastro

Ps. I will update Sherri Mack as to my condition and assistance with
the meals that have been offered to our family. Her number is (425)
337-0332. Thank you again.
blog comments powered by Disqus