Thursday, July 17, 2008

And then I got JunkMale

Huh. I looked up JunkMale's blog, since he had a comment about that last post, and he had something really cool. If you are reading and are not yet aware, I'm white and my husband is Filipino. Specifically, I'm Irish, English, Scottish, and most importantly, I'm half Finnish. Let's just say that my sensibilities are opposite of my husband's, and it's led to some pretty strange fights, sometimes. Not way out there, just odd topics. We may both speak English, but sometimes our lack of shared language goes way beyond male vs. female, "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" kinds of stuff.

At the following link, you will find a four part series of what it is like for a high status Korean college student in the US to fall in love with the all-American white girl, and what his parents have to say about such things. I have to give my Filipino in-laws some credit, the wedding and preparations weren't too bad, even though we were young. But afterwards? That's a whole 'nother story I'm not prepared to blog just yet. Someone might be looking.

Enjoy!

http://thou-and-thou-only.blogspot.com/2006/11/our-turbulent-engagement-part-1.html
blog comments powered by Disqus