Sunday, July 27, 2008

Multiplication Savior!

Mom and Dad,
I love you dearly, but I am still scarred for life by having to memorize my times tables. Really. Thanks, Dad, for making a chart for my room, so that hopefully I'd have a breakthrough by osmosis. Thank you, Mother Catherine, for making Jeannie Potter practice the 8's and 9's with me til I got them in sixth grade, because I hated every minute and it took that long. Thank you, Mr. Berny, for making me do extra worksheets on fractions and multiplication, since it was apparent that I wasn't quite ready for Algebra in ninth grade because of these "missing links" in my mathematical education.

You all tried, but I still screw up the checkbook on a regular basis. General math is the bane of my life.

Thanks to the internet age, Gabe will not have this problem. In fact, I strongly doubt any of my children will, thanks to:


Timez Attack is a stunning new video game exclusively for learning multiplication tables. It's as high-tech and entertaining as a top video game, yet as rigorous and effective as one-on-one training with a skilled teacher. Trust me--you've never seen an educational game like THIS before.



AND BEST OF ALL, IT'S FREE! Unless you want the "cool levels".

1 comment:

  1. Wow . . . I am so going to play this game when I have some free time!

    Having an alternative to the "normal" way of doing things is always good. Kids learn in so many different ways - and kids who don't learn the way the schools teach so often think that they are "stupid" or something.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.