Friday, July 10, 2009

Phew.

Ok, I think next week will work.

And on Tuesday, we should know if it is a boy or a girl. But...

we may or may not tell you.

Bwah ha ha ha!

Ok, on with the to-do list.

July:

Finish up camps, establish chores/money system for kids, check in with M. to see which fifth grade books I lent her/she lent me/no one remembers but they are available for homeschooling next year. Then order what I don't have from Emmanuel Books.

Step on husband til he cries "uncle" and makes an appt. with an immigration lawyer, now that we have the money for that and would like to try that ciitzenship thing out. For those who don't know, the husband person is not American. He's Canadian. His green card is good til 2014, but do you see any plans that have us moving to Canada? I don't. And he hasn't lived there since his freshman year of college. Time to live where one pays taxes and join one's family.

Choose paint colors. We have laminate flooring from Costco, but like most projects, this one is being put off til we do "something else", and for me, that's painting the walls. We had great friends over the other day who brought six library books with them to look at what we liked and didn't like. We got to a picture that reminded me of the Olive Garden, and we both liked it. Tuscan colors! Not exactly a theme, but a direction. At last, we have agreement. Now to follow through. The main color will probably be a pale yellow, the laundry/bathroom blue, and one red wall in the living room. Dark red, no pink!

Continue long process of throwing stuff out we don't need and reorganizing.

August:

Plan to visit parents some weekend, probably the first one.
Watch kids overnight for their parents' anniversary.
Go overnight camping to what we call a "Redneck Party". It is really fun in someone's very large back yard. Watch out mosquitos, here we come!

Plan school year a little better. Plan whole family life around new shift starting at end of July. Re-work budget if necessary.

Exercise more now that dh has stopped night shift in favor of much more normal "first shift" hours and days of the week. This will last til October. The good news is, whatever shift he gets after that will have a whole month taken out of it for vacation when the baby comes. Ha ha! He will get out of a probably not great shift just by having a baby! Yay! His work gives him a paid month off. This is very worth celebrating.

August should include applying for citizenship, painting if we haven't finished yet, installing the floors, replacing the kitchen counter and sink, and touching up the downstairs with moulding. Then I will call this a successful home improvement summer.

Oh, and I should start contacting students from Mother of Divine Grace School starting at the end of August. My year off is almost over... better get my brain back in gear!

What a good year this is. Hooray!

3 comments:

  1. Do you have your list of families yet? I do so wish we could request you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So . . . boy or girl? It's Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tee hee ED, it's time for you to join the guessing game on facebook!
    Barb, I did get my list just today. Looks like I have 10th grade TA Hist/Religion, but mostly history. Easiest list I ever saw. If you have a tenth grader, ask! I said I'd take a few more!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.