Monday, July 27, 2009

It's way too hot.

Seriously. I can't stand to read the forecast. If you aren't familiar with the coastal regions of WA and OR, we don't do air conditioning in many homes. Why? Because we only need it one week a year, maybe. Today, all the fans and ac units were sold out at Lowes.

Why was I at Lowes?
To get pricing on a kitchen counter and sink. It was way way too much. Sigh. Back to square one, good thing I'm in no hurry.

Our ceiling looks loverly. Really nice. Now we need to paint the walls. I was waiting for everything to get good and dry.

And it's too hot to do ANYTHING after 10am. Blah. Til like next Sunday if we are lucky. Time to spend lots of time in the water. Yup. It's 10pm, my hair is wet, and I'm still way too hot.

There appears to be a raised part of our subfloor, and I wonder if it is water damage. Because if it is, I have to replace it. NOOOOO!!! But better than laying down flooring and then ripping it all back up. So we shall wait, and then we shall perhaps call in our friends who are experts in this sort of thing. Yay! I have such great friends.

Going to bed now, just thought I'd say hi.

Pray for rain.

2 comments:

  1. What kind of counters were you looking at? I long to replace mine and I'm hoping to get butcher block solid wood countertops and a single deep sink bowl.

    Hang in there! Just stay sane til next week! (It is 77F in the house already this morning. Never thought that would feel cool.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were looking at Hi-Macs, which is a little cheaper than corian. It will be the last thing to change, so no rush, but I was hoping to get it done with everything else...
    That's ok, we can live with this for now....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.