Sunday, November 9, 2008

Urban farming

I think I'm going to use part of this winter to really dream up a great garden this year. I saw one that was totally inspirational last year in Davis, CA, and maybe the gardener will help me with my plans. City gardening can be amazingly "fruitful".

Here's something I came across today. Yes, I know, I was on the internet almost all day. I know. I have no life.

Food from your backyard

As the global food crisis drags on, urban farmers are on the rise. NBC's Dawna Friesen looks at cutting costs by growing your own dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Grow food, every year, even in years that seem like failures, the learning curve is a real thing! It is cheaper than therapy, works as well as a gym and teaches the kids along with you! Google SPIN farming, it's big out here in places like Boulder, CO. where people are doing market gardening from back yards.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.