Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day is finally, finally here

Well, I'm praying my fanny off, hoping for the best but fearing the worst. But at least the day has come and we can get on with the next part soon, I hope. Today I will drop off my mail-in ballot at the library (I didn't know they were open for business yesterday, or I would have dropped it off then). I will also return a waffle maker I bought with my birthday money that didn't work on one side. ARGH. Half done waffles really baked my morning yesterday. Good thing, for once, I held on to the receipt.

I got a phone call from a Dino Rossi (for Governor) volunteer last night. The poor guy was so nervous, he sounded like he could barely talk. Someone must have chewed him out. I told him he could absolutely count on my vote. I have to say, making calls is not something I can do. I can stand on the Planned Parenthood sidewalk and pray, but somehow cold calling freaks me out. Go figure.

One kid is up and the others are not, but I really should clean the house as Rosary will be at our house for the next two Wednesdays.

I've been using mvelopes.com to keep track of my money and I have made one fascinating observation. Having my kids in sports and activities is EXPENSIVE. Therefore, I have decided to put off swimming lessons til spring instead of doing them in winter like I normally do. Sadness, but really, I should spend this winter doing all the indoor things I meant to do, anyway. Like organizing. Remember how I gave up grading papers to work on ME this year? Yeah... I like procrastinating. But as the weather gets worse, I will be forced to do what I meant to do, and that's a good thing. Then maybe next year I can grade again.

Well, keep praying folks, no matter how the election turns out.

If Obama wins, and it looks like he may, I can't wait to see what happens in a year or two when the press finds out they've been had and he's just another politician.

2 comments:

  1. LOL on the media being had w/ Obama. I'm actually wondering how that will look, too.

    I do want to take some time in the next few months to write a good letter or two to Obama and other key Democrats, urging them to focus on the things I care about. I'm hoping that if they get pressure to do things that are not immoral, maybe they will be too distracted to focus on the immoral stuff - especially if it is combined with some stiff resistance (like 40 DFL) against the bad things. Maybe 40DFL will give the pro-life group the unity we need to do this, especially if it goes into a longer-term movement like people are discussing. Although I have mixed feelings about that; the 40 days format should still be used for pushes once or twice a year, IMO, to draw more people in - especially in areas where they aren't ready for 365 days of pro-life work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I'm glad you'll be taking time for yourself. Thanks for making that a goal for yourself, BTW. You really helped me recognize that I needed to do that for my family as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.