Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pulitzer prizes

It occurred to me I might be an idiot, and only Americans can get Pulitzers, which would be why O'Brien doesn't get one. But then I looked it up. I don't think O'Brien qualifies, because of this, but maybe he does. I don't think he has a weekly column, but maybe he should get one, just to qualify.

9. Must I be a U.S. citizen to apply for a Pulitzer Prize?

Only U.S. citizens are eligible to apply for the Prizes in Letters, Drama and Music (with the exception of the History category in Letters where the book must be a history of the United States but the author may be of any nationality). For the Journalism competition, entrants may be of any nationality but work must have appeared in a U.S. newspaper published at least once a week or on a newspaper's Web site.
blog comments powered by Disqus