Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My sister's first "grown up" visit

My sister B came up to see me in her own car, using her own cash, and it was very fun. She is 21, so we can finally act like adults! I'm so glad! We had fun with the kids, saw at least half the people I know in the area, had her babysit the kids for one of "those" afternoons where you totally overschedule yourself, played with her ferret, watched "Hancock" and "Life", and went out for drinks at Red Robin as well as a little trip to Half Price Books because I love it so.

We got to talk about lots of things, but nothing in true depth, which is totally fine, I don't want to scare her away! We got to really enjoy each other's company as friends and sisters, instead of as me being the mega-third-parent person. The kids loved every minute of it.

I will have to post a video of the ferret in action. She is white and her name is Pirhu (?), meaning "potergeist" in Finnish. Fun pick. She is "like a snake with legs" and smells a little funny, like a rat, but she is one of two creatures in the world so far that Francis is not allergic to, the other being poodles. So we have a choice of a poodle or a ferret for a pet. I think I lean toward things that can go for a walk and are more affectionate, but the ferret is very fun in its own way. Dominic is really into animals.

Time to clean up around the house. Rosary Night is here tonight, and we have a few things to do. If everyone would stop sleeping around here all the time, I could vacuum the stairs! Oh well, dishes and laundry are doing well, so I'll call it a win. Homeschooling went well, too, thank God.

I have so many things I could blog on right now, and I just can't do it all. Be assured that my brain is very excitable right now, so if I get any time on my hands at all, I might post ten things in a row.

Prayers tomorrow for my DH, who is going in for surgery tomorrow. He has a deviated septum, so they are basically going to break his nose and re-set it, to put it very, very simply. He'll be on some pretty fun drugs, too, so maybe we should take video of that, too. :)
Love you, honey....
blog comments powered by Disqus