Friday, October 17, 2008

Buying emergency food




I decided to buy the Costco tub of emergency dehydrated food today, only to be told they only sell those in the summer in stores.
However, online, it is still available.

Get this: Due to overwhelming response, this item will be delivered in 10-15 business days.



Can I just say I'm not the only one who thinks social unrest is around the corner?
I bought water, beans and rice, and we know where we're going at each stage of an emergency. If you are wondering, it's a friends' house, then my parents' OR house, then my parents' CA house in case of serious long term depression-like conditions.

Yes, I know I sound like a nut job to some people. But I will feel much better even in an earthquake than a lot of people, and we do get those around here. If we got a major one, no one could go anywhere because of the bridges, and Seattle would be in serious shape. Let's see, 3 million hungry people. Maybe we should have emergency plans after all.

Go to www.3days3ways.org.

1 comment:

  1. I'm seriously tempted to start keeping a 6 month stash of dehydrated food around, albeit for more pragmatic purposes. I like the idea of being able to trim our food budget down to zero on a moment's notice.

    But otherwise . . . it sure doesn't hurt to have a plan for an emergency. They do happen, and what does it cost you to plan? A few hours and some money you may very well have spent on the same items eventually anyways? Plus, it could be kinda fun . . .

    We haven't done much emergency planning, but mostly because we're trying to get through so many family issues before we can even talk as a couple about plans for future events.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.