Friday, October 24, 2008

Mid-life Crisis?

Do you ever get the feeling you have too many ideas and not enough bodies to do them all? Or that you have so many ideas that you can't figure out how to prioritize them and mostly feel like pulling your hair out?

Time for some therapy. Now I remember what I wanted to blog for. It's all about cheap therapy.

First, I think my blog might be getting old enough to need a purpose. There are many I could pick from. I could do a homeschool blog, but there are a zillion of those. I could do a Catholic one, but I'm not feeling knowledgeable for that, and again, they are a dime a dozen. I could just do a family life blog, of which there are many, but they really are so much fun. I could do a "what my kids and I learned today homeschooling and doing life" blog, which could be a really good way to record what we do anyway, since I stink at recordkeeping anyway.

The last thought would be to keep a book journal online. I keep reading really good books and thinking, "I really want to share that bit with all my friends, but I can't reach them all and besides, they are busy." That would be really fun, and relaxing.

One thing I've learned is that blogging politics is NOT relaxing. In fact, the amount of time I spend on the internet may be related to my stress level, which is unfortunate. I do enjoy it, but it isn't helping me work on myself, which is one of my goals I gave myself for this year. I've considered swearing off the darn thing and taking a vacation, but it's kind of like the phone to me, now, and I might miss something important if I do that very often. There are so many messages about homeschooling, scouts, soccer and the like, that I don't want to miss anything for very long.

I'm also having a small homeschool style crisis, but it's mostly in my head, and worth a separate post.

Does anyone have any opinions on what kind of direction they'd like from the above choices? I'm leaning toward the book journal, actually. Simplification is always good for me, and I need to spend more time on house and kids and less time here. That, or homeschool recording.

Thoughts, ideas, dreams, hopes, wishes? :)

2 comments:

  1. Book Journal, book journal!! I love good books,always looking for a good reference. :) Although it is so fun to see how you are doing too. A little of both?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha, Barb! Me, too, that's why I thought of it. I'll just be glad when the election is over, and know you will be, too.
    Did my email of Lindsay's work come through ok?
    Thanks for comments!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.