Thursday, October 16, 2008

DH surgery went well

Today was a really long day.

DH needed surgery for his deviated septum. He neglected to tell me the doctor had commented that this is a "day surgery", but "just barely". Meaning this is major surgery. We arrived at 9:30, he went in around 10:20, I guess they started late, and then I finally got to take him home around 4:30. Egad. All this time Rikki-san was babysitting our kids, but she did have help from Grandma, so I think it was relatively ok. On the other hand, I think she was trying pretty hard not to kill me when I finally showed up. But tonight's girls night will probably take care of any hard feelings. A little tiramisu will go a long way.

DH is feeling ok, if you consider a he had a big fight with a roto-rooter and lost. He is bleeding from the nose and will continue to do so for a while. We get to squirt saline up there and give him lots of drugs, mostly oxycodone, and he has to sleep sitting up so it drains out his nose. I am glad I don't have too much planned for the next several days.

Thanks to anyone who was praying for him. The surgery should be a success, and he says he can already tell there is room in his nose where there wasn't before, even though there is lots of swelling. On Wed. they take out some sort of stilts, and we'll see how he feels after that. I hear it will feel a lot better. I got some cute pictures of the kids feeling sorry for him. Poor Daddy.
blog comments powered by Disqus