Friday, October 24, 2008

Interesting Poll

I thought this was interesting, from Investor's Business Daily. Take a look at their percentages of voters based on what. For instance, did the respondent belong to a union? Did they fly a flag outside their house? Did they have kids? Many came out in the wash, but I'd say the most striking difference was that in 18-24 year old voters, a huge percentage were voting for McCain vs. Obama.

Really? Then I'm going to chalk that up to something I've thought for a long time: Conservative, religious families are outright having more kids, and have been for a while. Our kids are growing up and voting. If liberal families, for the most part, had only one or two children, and the first group has 4-10 kids or so, in a generation or two, that is really going to matter in voting.

My Dad says that is also a problem, because extremists of all kinds often have lots of kids. Say, Islamic terrorists. That is a good point, but I'm going to stay positive, and admire all these wonderful families!

In any case, here's the link to the poll:

http://ibdeditorials.com/Polls.aspx?id=309635713550536
blog comments powered by Disqus