Sunday, September 21, 2008

Home again!

Saturday went like this:

Ok, maybe we should start with having found every last child belonging all over my parents' house and putting it all back in bags and backpacks, and then piling it in the car or in the doorway, then going out to drinks and onion rings with my sister Bonnie. Hooray!

Then at 5:15 am, Dom woke up and wanted his nursing, and then the alarm went off, starting our day at 5:30 am. I packed everything remaining, put the bikes back on the rack, filled the front seat with backpacks, and woke up the kids, fed them pop tarts and stuffed them in the incredibly stuffed car.

Did I mention I decided to bring a saddle and bridle back with me?
Why?
Because I want to do a pentathlon. I need some horse stuff of my own if I'm going to lease a horse part time and give myself lessons.
But then again, who knows if I will actually be that crazy. Bonnie might need this stuff back before I get that far.
We also got a box of apples from the ranch in CA. Yay!

Got out the door at 6:40 am, marvelled at how much Astoria has changed, then stopped in Longview for gas and snacks. Made all kids go potty.

Stopped in Renton so Brandon could go potty.

Got to church parking lot at 11 am, just in time for Gabe's soccer team to warm up, then start the game at 11:30. 11:45, Daddy walked Brandon across the lot for his game, which started at 12:00. At 1, we got home and changed our wet clothes (it was raining all day).
1:30: Go on a cub scout go see it to Klesick Farms in Stanwood, where we found out where our produce box comes from. Yay! It was really fun, but again, rainy.
4 pm, returned, changed clothes, partially unpacked car, went to Mass, because we signed up to pass out flyers about cub scouts. Great Mass, still raining.
Got home, put jammies on, kids to sleep, Mommy to sleep by 9pm.
Phew.
Today we are watching TV and do nothing much else all day. I decided it was worth it to push that hard if we didn't have to go anywhere today.
I might go to Costco, though.
And a homeschooling meeting. But that's after bed time.

It was a good visit to my folks' house, and I had some great time with my folks and my sister. Mostly my sister. Grandpa took the kids on lots of nature hikes. Then he had one of his "fits", which kind of ruined things, but he generally does that at the end of visits for no apparent reason, so I guess I'll just accept that personality quirk and move on. Asking a question and not liking the answer is not really all that productive. Otherwise, we had a really good visit. Turns out things go better in person than on the phone.

I think I'll try arranging pictures now, and buying them online.
blog comments powered by Disqus