Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A driving we will go...

Today is the day. We are going to Astoria for two whole days plus part of today. I was going to leave at 9am today, but then we got notice that both boys have soccer pictures today, and later this afternoon, by the way. Like 5pm. ARGH. I know, I know, I could skip pictures, but the boys really like them, and anyway, maybe I'll miss a good part of rush hour that would have taken me that long anyway.

So today is homeschooling, packing, more packing, naps, more packing, etc. until 4:15, when we head to the field to do pics. Then I'm taking a teammate to his mom at another soccer practice, then south I go, to my not-so-much homeland of Astoria, OR. We probably won't get there til 10pm, sadly, but then I have all day Thurs and part of Friday to goof off. My sister is moving home for a few months, so she'll be there and we'll see her more than we have in three years. That will be cool.

Please pray for a safe and uneventful journey with four kids and mom. Also pray for the daddy, who is getting a CAT scan on Friday to see if he has a sinus blockage that is causing all his upper respiratory problems this summer and a good part of last winter. He is very tired of being sick. If he needs surgery, please pray that it is also minimal.

If you can't find me, now you know where I'll be!
blog comments powered by Disqus