Saturday, August 8, 2009

Soccer begineth, among other things

Woo hoo! We just heard from both soccer coaches. We have soccer on Tuesday and Thursday for Gabe, across town, from 4:30-5:30, and so far on Tuesdays for Brandon from 5:30-6:30, on this side of town. Uh ohs. I'm SO GLAD we have this:



For the first time in six years, we have a truly wonderful, reliable, loveable second car. I also have a husband who will be home by 4pm for the next few months, which will make soccer season possible at least til the end of October, at which point I may have to shout for help on occasion, depending on what shift he gets next.

Yay for a Prius 3! Hooray, hooray, huzzah!

And now to get ready for the chaos that is fall:

1. Soccer = two boys who love it til November something. Practices once or twice a week plus games on weekends.
2. Scouts = selling popcorn (and competing with Nathan and now Joseph, too?!) Religious awards encouragement, too.
3. Baby due Nov. 22. After this particular chaos, but that should slow down my holidays real good.
4. MODG = I'm going back to grading after a year hiatus. I have my student list of 15 students (10th grade history and one solitary religion), and I have a laptop that is getting it's operating system and software installed, and then I will "start over" and be more picky about what I keep on it. Hence, my students shall have a wait a bit longer for me to contact them. I'm going to keep it all in one place!!
5. A friend and I are probably going to assume leadership of our local homeschooling group, just because no one else wants to, and the ladies who are doing it SERIOUSLY need a break. It's one Sunday a month.
6. I'm considering helping start an American Heritage Girls group to coincide with our cub/boy scouts. In fact, if they met during those meetings, that would really be convenient for our larger families. Still researching that. American Heritage Girls
7. Homeschooling. What's that? Oh dear. Still ordering some curriculum for science and for Brandon's hopefully learning to read maybe this year. I hate to spend this much money, but I think we'll both enjoy ourselves more with Sing, Spell, Read, Write, which I'm missing parts to and must order.
8. Working on setting up a schedule for our weekdays. Need chores, prayer, cooking, shopping, and dating the husband on the list. And exercise. I think I'll just sit here with my straitjacket for a while... be back later. :)

So there you go. Now you all can just sit back, relax, and watch the madness. :) I refuse to start school til the day after Labor Day. So there.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Let me just say that you might kill me if /I/ said I was doing all of that (admittedly, I am an enabler on one of the committments, but OMG!)

    I hope Francis finishes "helping" with the computer soon! and let me know if you want me to take the littles during soccer practice.

    BTW, Alison talked to my parents about the whole Jesse fiasco and they ripped off their fake faces, revealing their true ALIEN identities, laughed cruelly, and said "we are not avoiding Jesse, we just aren't going to take the trouble to meet him." Seriously. Their true alien faces are hideous.

    Laters crazy lady.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.