Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lenten update




Here's a cute picture just to focus on the peace I hope to achieve during Lent.


I'm really not sure when I'm going to be making my Lenten plans.

I do know that I would like very much to have them figured out. I think I need to look at some books and make some easy plans. There is a soup supper and Stations of the Cross over at our parish on Fridays this Lent, and I'd like to make it to those. Tomorrow, being Ash Wednesday, I can go to Mass and then babysit for a good part of the day for my friend Rikki. Good thing we had a good homeschooling day today.

My Lenten commitment is really going to be not yelling at the kids. I know, I know, that's a silly one. First, of COURSE I should not yell at them. Um... yeah. But secondly, can I really do better? We will soon find out. I will also limit my online time much more severely, at least for six weeks. The other thing we need to do is PURGE. I am so going through their TOYS!! Oh. My. Goodness. We do not need this many tiny toys for me to step on. We are going to decide which ones we truly love and get rid of the rest. I mean it this time! Tantrum, tantrum, tantrum.

Rikki showed up this morning with strings of real Mardi Gras beads from New Orleans. She and her husband went some years ago, and they still had quite a bundle, which my children are in love with. They really are fun to see. Someday I'd like to go see the real thing.

In other news, while I am not naming this relative here, I'd like you to pray for them. A relative of mine (not immediate family) is considering Catholicism as a home for the family. They were not raised Christian, but do love God, whatever you may call Him. They have a deep sense of the mystic and spiritual. I am very excited for them and plan to send a little package this Lent. And only really because of Facebook are we even having that conversation. God is so good.

Enjoy Fat Tuesday, see you during Lent!!
blog comments powered by Disqus