Saturday, February 14, 2009

Internet Safety with kids

Hooray!!!
I was so glad to see this article when my Faith and Family magazine arrived in the mailbox today. If you get the magazine or know someone who gets it, I strongly advise you to read it, if you have any kids over age 10. It's VERY sensible and helpful.
I can't find a link to it yet, but I think it's because it's the newest magazine. It might be on their website next month.
Here are the websites they recommend to visit to educate yourself so that you and your kids can all be on the same page when it comes to entering the digital world.
God bless,
Ann Marie

onguardonline.com
wiredsafety.org
connectsafely.org
cyberbully411.org
getnetwise.org
nationalcoalition.org

2 comments:

  1. Have you checked out the Faith & Family Live blog? It is blog by several of the main writers for the mag & it is so uplifting. I love it & check it out every day (right after I check yours).

    http://www.faithandfamilylive.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned internet safety when I was nine years old. And yes, that is pre-internet; my family did BBS things.

    It's pretty straightforward if you've taught your children how to behave around strangers. The only extra thing to teach is the basic principle: "Don't put anything online that you wouldn't want your boss, your enemy, or your mother to see."

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.