Friday, August 8, 2008

The weekend is now underway...

So, be it prayers or just a fluke, DH's mom does not, after all, have a heart blockage, and does not need a stent or anything. But she did have surgery yesterday, after all, so I wonder how she's doing.



In any case, the men in black have left the building, on a mission from God. Oh wait, those are the Blues Brothers... :)




I took a picture of them, but then I told them to take the camera, so I can't upload it here til later. DH and his brother are going across the state to visit Mom and Dad. I'm So Relieved. That is not because I dislike my husband. It is because his verbal pronouncements of doom and gloom and hell in a handbasket should one travel in an easterly direction are getting to be a bit much after two weeks of anticipation of said trip.

I have, actually, known these trips to go smoothly. Considering she's not in the hospital, it is entirely possible that they will be welcomed with more Filipino food than one could possibly eat, and it might go very well.
OR
It could be frigid like a Spokane winter, and she will not talk to DH, considering she hung up on him last time he tried.

Harumph.

In any case, the boys have tunes in the ipod knock-off, an adapter to play in the tape deck of Uncle Deet's not-even-close-to-a-sportscar, and peas from my garden. And pics of the grandkids. And a credit card. We don't normally let those out of the safe, but in this case, I think it's possible it will be needed.

Meanwhile, I think Rikki-san and I will need to have a party since we are both lacking in husbands this weekend. Party hardy, lady!
blog comments powered by Disqus