Monday, August 4, 2008

Republicans not going on vacation

Really? I'd love to find more info on this, if anyone has any. According to a few sources, the Democrats have gone on their usual summer recess, but many Republicans have decided to continue working on things like the rather important bills that were being worked on when vacation hit. Like oil. I've never heard of this happening. From what I can tell, it looks like House Speaker Pelosi says they may not vote while they are on their lack of vacation. I guess that makes sense, since the Dems aren't there, but legally, does she have any standing to say that?
I'd love to have some comments about this. There aren't that many yet, but they are calling for more folks to join them. The news is quite purposefully NOT covering this, but thanks to the internet, someone is.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecrypt/0808/House_Dems_turn_out_out_the_light_but_GOP_keep_talking.html?showall
blog comments powered by Disqus