Saturday, February 23, 2008

Kids are sick AGAIN -- Happy Birthday Francis!

I know that's not exciting news, but it's what's happening. I'm just going to do a random update post.
The kids were all well, and then Gabe lost his voice Thursday night. He was sick, then Grace was hacking up a lung and had a fever last night. Brandon's been crankY, which means he's about to succumb, and Dominic has boogers down to his ankles, and kept mom awake a lot, but is totally cheerful about it. WHY???? We were healthy, I swears!
We WERE going to go to Black Diamond today, to see Brandon's sister, see Stacie and her new baby, and see our godchildren who live in Auburn and their mom. We may or may not do that now, because they'd catch our crud, and all the families are school families, not homeschool families, and I'd hate to give them yet another cold. I don't mind traveling with snooty kids, but I'll just have to call everyone around 9am since it's Saturday, and we'll see if they have an opinion on what we should do. I've been looking forward to this day for weeks! AAAGH! It's hard enough to get Brandon and his sister together, without this!
On the other hand, Francis's birthday is today. He says he's 27 forever. Nice try buddy. Hardy hardy har har! He got two books from me, Go, Dork, Go and Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters, and from Dave he got a $50 gift certificate to Emory's on the lake. The Crockers love us so much they took all four kids for 3.5 hours and we went home to have time with complete sentences and thoughts, then went to Red Robin for fish and chips (it's Friday after all) and dessert. We had a great time! That was the best part: alone time!
We are hoping Ethel and Bjorn and two little girls are moving to Everett, as last I read, they are in the final stages of buying a gorgeous home a few miles away. HOORAY! More geeky family type people to play with!
Let's see... I found out that dividends are amazing. You don't have to do anything but stay at your job for a while, and they give you stuff. Then we get to pay off debt like crazed people. All the dumb debt will be gone probably this month or next month, and after that, we'll attack the car payment and student loan, as well as fund things like Lasik surgery for Francis and a second car someone wants to sell us which would be very nice to have outright.
Yes, I know there will be a reckoning when it comes to taxes next year, but that's why I'm going to meet a CPA in April. Oooo! Look at us! We are grown ups!
Other family news:
My dad is retired, but sshhh... don't tell him!
My sister Bonnie is turning 21 soon. I bought the last part of her package last night. Let's see if I can get it in the mail.
My cousin wants me to call her because she has no email. Maybe I'll do that today.
My inlaws are trying to move to Marysville, but we don't know how that's going exactly except when Dave tells us what they said.
Dave is getting his car fixed and is starting the process of learning about homebuying. Go Dave Go!
My mom might have knee surgery, so I hope that goes well. Surgery stinks, but walking is sort of important.

One more piece of news: we planted two blueberry bushes and a peach tree. We are fixing up our yard to look somewhat cultivated. I swear I'll post pictures, but I need to go shopping for those rocks still.

Time to go spend time on finances and correct papers. Paperwork on a sunny day. EEYUCK.
Happy Weekend to everyone!

And to start the weekend off right, I visited www.lolcats.com:

Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne
blog comments powered by Disqus