Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I bought clothes!

For the first time ever, I successfully bought clothes at the age of 31. Really successfully. I bought the right clothes at the right price and all in about 90 minutes. At Macy's. I kid you not. I really did!

I bought:
two belts
one bra
three dressy shirts
two skirts
two dress casual pants
one pair of jeans (DKNY)

Grand total: $230 and it all fits well! Did I mention I'm actually happy with everything I bought???

I discovered the purpose between "petite" sizes, too. I'm a 12 petite because, guess what? I'm short. I keep thinking I'm 5'4", but last time I had a check up, they were darned sure I was really 5'3". Drat. Maybe my crew coach was lying. Or else she had a lot of wishful thinking. For those not familiar with rowing, you really should be 6 feet tall, or else be a cox'n. That person gives the orders, and they are like jockeys. SMALL. I'm not that small, but I was pretty small when I started crew, and that's what I started as. But freezing my butt off and giving orders while getting little exercise was not what I had in mind, though now that I bark orders at my kids all day, I think I'd do better now. But I've never heard of a 150+ lbs cox'n. Oh well. Someday, I'll say hello over at the Everett Rowing Club. Maybe Brandon and Dominic will be tall enough to row, and the other two can be cox'n's. Ha. For the record, when they allowed for my weight, I was the third or so strongest on the team. That means they did an adjustment based on my weight in the boat versus how hard I could pull. Ha. That surprised them.
Boy, that was a little digression!
In other news, it's time to get a baby gate that swings open for our stairs. The baby is EXCITED to get to the top of the stairs. He's very, very fast. He also rolls down them rather well, which is why there is a fluffy green bath mat at the bottom (thank you, Rachel).
The baby was so excited, he woke up easily all night.
Babies are guaranteed birth control devices when they want to sleep in your bed. ARGH.
Tomorrow I will try to post pictures of my yard. I have been digging like a gopher. It has stairs now, but it needs rock. Time to go rock shopping. My kids think I'm weird.
Bye for now! Lunchtime for the munchikins.

2 comments:

  1. You bought those clothes at Macy's? Wow. You'll have to show them to me, and tell me your secrets. I'm not too hot at getting good prices / clothes, but do OK at Target.

    I'm not sure how much longer we'll need our baby gates - I'll check with Bjorn tonight. We have two with swinging doors, but may still be using one or both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No prob, I bought one today, and it's the same one the Savoy's had. Thanks though! I think my secret was thinking about it long enough to drive myself crazy, but having that game plan in my head. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.