Wednesday, February 6, 2008

From Rachel herself...

Rachel's doing pretty good if she can think this well!
See below!

Dear Ladies,
I am sending this to all my favorite sisters in Christ. Even if you can’t come and help please keep my family and recovery in your prayers. Thank you for all of your prayers during my surgery. I am doing well here in Bend. The surgery went well and I feel blessed to have my husband, son and mother in law here to help. My son keeps me smiling. My husband serves with such generosity that heals my wounds like no medicine. My mother in law keeps Peter playing and helps all of us with the housework. The house is so cute, and the snow beautiful. God is so good.
At this point, we are planning on leaving Saturday February 9. I need at least another week or two of complete bed rest. The doctor found endometriosis all over so my whole abdomen is extremely sore. Then after the first two weeks I am home, I need help with Peter. I cannot lift anything heavy for four weeks, and Peter is heavy lifting. I also am supposed to be on partial bed rest. I can do some things, but mostly resting with small spurts of activity.
So my mom is coming starting February 10 and staying till February 17. While she is here I would love for Peter to have some play dates with people so he can get a break from being around a sick mom.
We would love meals starting February 18 for however long the mom’s group usually brings meals. I am allergic to dairy products (sour cream, cheese, milk, etc.). I use rice or soy milk in cooking. I use Nucoa and Smart Balance as a butter substitute. My husband also only likes onions if they are very small (it’s a texture thing).
Starting Feb. 18, I will need help for myself and Peter. I will still be on complete bed rest. Peter will be ready to have a play mate also. I would like helpers at our house to help with my complete bed rest:
Feb. 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Starting Feb. 25, I should be on limited bed rest and able to do limited activities. I will still need to rest and put my feet up a lot to aid with recovery. I also cannot do any heavy lifting. I would like helpers at our house to help with my partial bed rest:
Feb. 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
Mar. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Mar. 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Mar. 17, 18, 19
Debbie Baker volunteered to help coordinate helpers for my recovery. I am emailing this to all of you but am hoping Debbie will do the coordinating. We are pretty busy here and tired.
So Debbie’s email is: bakd@comcast.net
Her phone# is: 360-456-2536
Thank you ahead of time for your generosity; it is a joy to know I have such amazing friends that are willing to help me out. I know you’ll love spending time with Peter because he is so much fun.
God Bless You and Your Families
Rachel

1 comment:

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.