Saturday, December 20, 2008

What to do.... decisions, decisions....

My husband has left the building, having put the chains back on the car in case of catastrophe, and has gone to a certain house five minutes away which has temporarily acquired an XBox. And "Left For Dead" a game in which one kills zombies. He says it will take him a while just to figure out the controller. Considering how much trouble Vista has given him and the fact that we missed the delivery of his iPod and now have to wait til Monday, he needs to go kill some zombies. And the friend who invited is rarely seen these days, so I hope they are having a LOT of fun.

It is very quiet here. Let's see. I got on Facebook, and had a conversation with an old college buddy who seemed to want to discuss recent choices of girlfriends and the wisdom thereof, but then I had to put the kids to bed, and then he was gone. Dratz.

Now, I could be addressing Christmas cards. Or I could go to bed. I'd like to go to bed. I was going to make cookies and deliver them to all my Rosary Group friends. And then I thought, I can only stand driving in chains so long, and one family is particularly unreachable in Blizzard 2008, so I'm not going to get to them anyway. And Christmas is a mere five days away, only three of which the mailman will be moving on. And of course, the storm may stop the mailman. Nooooo!!!

I could just go upstairs and read, and fall asleep like all my children have already done.

Nope, I think I'd better get to work. ARGH. I still have to go buy 100 stamps, too.

There's a raging snowstorm out there right now, and I wonder in the morning if it will be as big a deal as the forecasters say. I see some wind, but not a lot. It's very fine, cold, prickly snow. Not the big, wet flakes you usually see around here. Good thing the chains are on already. I'm really not sure if we'll make it to church in the morning, but we'll see. I just hope the power is on in the morning, because we don't have a stove or a generator in our townhome.

If the power is off, Rikki, you can expect six visitors early on Sunday.

Rikki has gas power! :)
blog comments powered by Disqus