Sunday, December 14, 2008

We gots snow!

It is gorgeous outside! It is also frozen at about 28 degrees. Hooray! We have a Christmas pageant today, so we'll see how that goes, but I certainly hope anyone who lives around here has chains and knows how to use them, even if the snow only comes around a few times a year. It is supposed to stay near or under 30 degrees for the next week, so I guess the white stuff.will be sticking around for a while.

Last night we went to Simbang Gabi, which I'd never been to before. It is the same, approximately, as Misa del Gallo in Mexico. Silly ol' Spaniards, taking over the world! It was a very peppy Mass, with lots of procession and decor, and sparkly things. Fr. Olson strongly believes in a normal, by the book Mass, so there was also incense in good places and he kept it as usual as possible while still allowing for cultural fun.

The party after was standing room only, but the food was AMAZING. And gone quickly, surprisingly. There was a whole pig with the head still on, there! They also had grade school and middle school aged children doing dances from the Philippines, and they were spectacular. I will post pics when I get them off my camera. Wow.

Anyway, hooray for snow! Have a wonderful Gaudete Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't the snow wonderful?

    I definitely want to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out facebook then! I should put them on here, thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.