Thursday, December 4, 2008

another widget

I added the debt ticker today. Yes, I really am putting out there how much we owe. That includes the student loan and the car payment, but not the mortgage. $26,000 of that is those two things, so I actually feel ok about that. We had to have one good, working car, after all, and the student loan is just the last to get paid because its interest is so incredibly low.
They say you can make progress when you admit where you are, so there we go. I will be very excited to announce our progress.

Meanwhile, a cow died yesterday. May it rest in peace, in the knowledge that it will feed at least four families for at least 6 months, and bring much happiness and frugality to our homes.

Amen.

5 comments:

  1. Bravo, brave woman! Wow, that's awesome that you are mostly done with the "bad debt" from credit cards, and that you are doing it while so many things are going on with your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And forgot to say - it is so awesome that so many people got together to actually do the cow thing! When everyone is looking at doing another one, get in touch with me if you can use another family. We might be organized enough by then to join in the frugality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good! If something doesn't fit, we'll give you a call. I know Dave wants to buy some off us this time, too, but I don't have a good idea how much this really is til it gets here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just updated my turtle too - your DH reminded me.... shall we race?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee, well, I think you are the one who got us to add the widget! I thought DH would never want me to, but here I am, adding it. On with the show!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.