Friday, December 12, 2008

New work schedule, we think....

This has been DH's first week as a real, honest to goodness, Microsoft employee. Yay, you! I'm so very glad it's finally here. People have asked me how he likes it, and I reply, "What work?". He's too busy filling out forms still, for the most part. Lots and lots of benefits info. For some reason, he's never sure of Dominic's birthday, and has to call me. Maybe there are too many May birthdays in his head.

So far, it looks like he'll work days next week, and then he'll be on swing, so he'll have to work 11am-8pm, Tuesday-Saturday. This is about as good as we could have possibly hoped for. We thought he had to work nights, but it is looking less and less like he'll have to. Still possible, but not as probable. That schedule does several things for us:

1. He can still go to church on Sunday.
2. He misses heavy commuting hours.
3. We get to see him in the morning, when all of us are in a better mood anyway.
4. We still have our babysitting night every other Sunday afternoon, and his gaming night with buddies on opposing Sundays, which makes him VERY happy.
5. He can even still make it to beer-making night with other buddies on Saturdays on occasion, because they never start til 9pm anyway.
6. We'll have yummy breakfasts, which are my favorite anyway, and we'll have time to work out in the morning. YES!
7. Mondays I can use the van to go further away than Everett. Something the beater cannot do. So I'll cram doctor appts and visits and field trips into Mondays, but that's totally ok.
8. He will actually sleep and be home at night.

Bad things? 1. No Rosary night for DH. 2. No cub scouts for DH. All up to me.

He gets a free membership to a swanky exercise facility, which thankfully does have a branch this far north. A family membership was a little pricey for us, since I'm not sure if I'll use it enough, but I think we can afford to add just me for now. It looks like we'll have to take turns because, like most places, they think my children are at school in the morning, so we won't have babysitting. It looks like they have one class that tickles my fancy: boot camp. Sounds like rowing without the rowing. I think I need a coach, and also they charge $5 when you are late without calling ahead, and that's a good thing, because I need the incentive.
It's also at 5:45 MWF, which is ok, but I haven't done that in SO long. I'd feel so much better though, if I lost a good 20 lbs and had muscle again. We'll work out on opposing days of the week, and he'll just go to work from there. A good wake-up in the morning.

Now that we have figured all that out, we'll probably end up with a completely different schedule. :)
blog comments powered by Disqus