Thursday, January 31, 2008

Prayers for Rachel, Matt and Peter Stull


Below is a letter I sent tonight to a lot of people. Rachel, I hope everyone prays like crazy. I know I will be, and I love you, and I will pray for St. Anthony, your favorite, to hold your hand while you are scared and worried. God bless and keep you and angels watch over you. You are a better friend than I know I deserve, and always have been.
Ann Marie


Hello Everyone,
So, here goes, ready for another prayer warrior request? For clarification, this is the Rachel of Savoy and del Rosario friendship, it is not either of the Felderhoff Rachel's or the Rachel in Rosary Group. Some folks may not know the long saga behind this, so let me sum up a bit. I've known Rachel since she was a freshman at Gonzaga U.and I was a sophomore. She graduated from U. or Oregon later on, and we've been friends for nearly 13 years now. In fact, she introduced me to Eileen Savoy, and between Eileen and the Wieber's, that is why we now live in Everett and are part of the Rosary group. Sadly, Rachel and her husband Matt (whom I knew in high school), moved to Olympia.
Rachel has had many problems over the years with pain, food allergies, endometriosis (very painful), and infertility. She had surgery in Seattle and then drug therapies following, and was able to have their son, Peter, who is now 15 months old. She is back to being in a lot of pain, which seems to be nerve pain having to do with endometriosis, but her new doctor is not even sure it is endometriosis til they check by surgery. They have a very uncooperative insurance plan, too. They can't afford to go to Pope Paul VI Institute, where Eileen had a similar surgery. But they did find out about a doctor in Bend, OR, who has a very good track record. He's written books on endo. like crazy and everyone she talks to as she makes arrangements seems to know someone who has had their miracle because of him. She went on Saturday to see him, and would you believe it, they had an opening for surgery on Tuesday next week. Despite heavy snow and costs, they are going for the surgery, leaving on Sunday. She won't be able to do much for a month afterwards.
Luckily, someone donated all the money to cover costs since their insurance won't. Also, the homeschooling group down there will be sending teenagers and others her way to help around the house and with Peter until she can move. She also has her mom and mom-in-law to help. I just pray that this results in no more pain and possibly a baby. The pain is getting to be too much to handle sanely, so please pray for her this week, and I'll send updates as I get them. She might not have time to call for now, but she will have email where she is going. Right now, it's all about preparations. All kinds of things have moved them in this direction, and that in itself is miraculous. Keep up the good prayers! She's already had many answered, but I really want to see a happy Rachel again someday.
God bless,

Ann Marie del Rosario

2 comments:

  1. Rachel is the first person I met at Gonzaga, literally. I've always thought that she looked like a Boticelli.

    I will keep her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel is in my prayers. Thanks for giving us a chance to help, at least in a small way.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.