Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Open letter to those in crisis pregnancy situations

I put this up on facebook, then decided I should put it here, too. I am the master of the human connection, ya know. Actually, God is the master of that, but for some reason, He entrusted part of His job to me. It's starting to rub off on my husband, too. He calls me "God's router". What a geek! :)
Here you go, pass it on!

Hi All,
I was just thinking another of my random thoughts, but I thought I'd write it down here, for you never know when this kind of information will come in handy. If anyone reading this or anyone they know became pregnant and had no idea if they wanted to keep it, if they should tell their relatives, or if they should go see Planned Parenthood or possibly a Crisis Pregnancy Center, I would like to volunteer to connect you to people who might help. This year we have had the honor of becoming godparents to two kids adopted from foster care (Hi Stephan and Paige!) and we know another family who hopes to adopt two others this year. Another family is getting their foster care license any minute. I know two families who can't have any more birth children and can't afford astronomical private adoption fees, but they would completely adopt a child in need if they met in person. That situation came up this year when a friend of a friend had a daughter who didn't know what to do, and people were lined up to adopt if need be. The woman decided to keep her baby after all, but we knew someone safe would take the baby. We also know one other family who's been looking for a baby forever, but birth parents keep deciding to keep the baby instead of letting them have it -- heartbreak city!
These are the kinds of things you might not learn about in the news or from Planned Parenthood. There are tons of people out there doing foster care because they can't afford to adopt ($20,000!) but have a loving home and want lots of kids. Please spread the word, and keep your options open. There is always hope and love. So let that baby live!

1 comment:

  1. I passed this on to my sister - she always seems to be in touch with people in tough situations.

    Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.