Monday, January 14, 2008

Life Explained

Ok, it's a forward from my email that my mom sent me, but it's so funny I have to post it here. I think I did mention that this blog would cut down on how tempted I am to forward things to people, right?
In any case, this explains it all.

On the first day, God created the dog and said:
> 'Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at
> anyone who comes in
> or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span
> of twenty years.'
>
> The dog said: 'That's a long time to be barking. How
> about only ten
> years and I'll give you back the other ten?'
>
> So God agreed.
>
> On the second day, God created the monkey and said:
> 'Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh.
> For this, I'll give
> you a twenty-year life span.'
>
> The monkey said: 'Monkey tricks for twenty years?
> That's a pretty long
> time to perform. How about I give you back ten like
> the Dog did?'
>
> And God agreed.
>
> On the third day, God created the cow and said:
>
> 'You must go into the field with the farmer all day
> long and suffer
> under the sun, have calves and give milk to support
> the farmer's family.
> For this, I will give you a life span of sixty
> years.'
> The cow said: 'That's kind of a tough life you want
> me to live for sixty
> years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other
> forty?'
>
> And God agreed again.
>
> On the fourth day, God created man and said:
>
> 'Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For
> this, I'll give you
> twenty years.'
>
> But man said: 'Only twenty years? Could you possibly
> give me my twenty,
> the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave
> back, and the ten
> the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?'
>
> 'Okay,' said God, 'You asked for it.'
>
> So that is why for our first twenty years we eat,
> sleep, play and enjoy
> ourselves. For the next forty years we slave in the
> sun to support our
> family. For the next ten years we do monkey tricks
> to entertain the
> grandchildren. And for the last ten years we sit on
> the front porch and
> bark at everyone.
>
> Life has now been explained to you.
>
> There is no need to thank me for this valuable
> information. I'm doing it
> as a public service.
>

1 comment:

  1. OK, that is well worth forwarding, and you know that I am a forward squelcher. Normally.

    Your mom must have good forwarding contacts, that is fun and interesting! and I am feeling vaguely cow-ish at the moment, so it fits.

    I have some mail for you too, but nothing critical by the looks of it, hopefully will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.