Friday, June 26, 2009

Home news update

Hi Y'all,

Well, I'm off to go camping this weekend til Monday night, but my dh will be here sleeping. We have a baptism to attend at the rather unholy hour of 7:30 am followed by breakfast, then off we go into the mountains of WA tomorrow. Hooray! We're meeting several other families up there for s'mores and camping for two nights, and lots of time at the lake. Today is packing day.

We also bought a car. YES! We have two cars now! It has been six years since we had two healthy, working cars. This is beyond cool. My husband has a 2010 Prius III now, and that gets 50 mi/gal. on his long commute to work and back. And now I can go where I want, when I want. Finally!

I really don't want to pack. But I guess I'd better. Time almost to start the day. Oddly, it's 7:15 and only one child is up, and it's not the youngest. Only on days when I'd like to get in that room, of course. Oh, wait, I hear another one! Time to make breakfast!

Have a super weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new car! What a fun car too. When Francis was talking about picking out a car to buy, I didn't realize how close you really were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty darned exciting all right! Thanks! Now I can go where I want, when I want, so much better than for the last six years. Phew!! This kind of freedom will take a while to get used to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay two cars! Wow, that's truely neat.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.