Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day! Nine years ago, I got a present for Mother's Day, and also flowers all the way from Gonzaga, because I couldn't be there for my friends' graduation, I was busy giving birth exactly one year after my own college graduation! I have to say, I was not predicting that!!

But I'm so glad my oldest child is here, alive and well. We sure were panicked when he showed up, but it all turned out well. I wish more people knew that it all gets better if you just work hard and make good, right, and sometimes hard decisions. To the moms who do that every day, and the dads who help them, Happy Day to YOU!

I'm stealing this today for your Mother's Day quote from President Teddy Roosevelt. Good man, good man.

http://donotbediscouraged.blogspot.com/2009/05/happy-mothers-day.html

And from Organic and Thrifty, we have an intro to the fun of Farmer's Markets this summer: http://oreganicthrifty.blogspot.com/2009/05/to-market-to-market-we-go.html

AND, this was an awesome video. Actually, I will just link you to this blog, too. The 9 minute video is worth watching, to see how someone totally transformed their yard and now they have 6000 lbs of produce from about 1/8 of a football field per year. The only sad thing for me is OF COURSE they can do that! They live in Pasadena! But still, it is beautiful, and I'm working on my own jungle paradise here.

http://salesianity.blogspot.com/2009/05/living-real-simple-life.html

Here's to a beautiful summer!
blog comments powered by Disqus