Friday, May 22, 2009

Good morning

I've been up since 5am. Poop death and destruction. I'm putting off the laundry and the kids' breakfast. I am a bad mom.
I just had to share.

I really hate when they have this kind of yuckiness.

We got a really cool piano from some friends yesterday. The keyboard kind, but it takes up very little space compared to a "real" piano. I will pay the nice people soon, but I'm thrilled to have it. Gabe loves to teach himself, and this will be a lot easier.
I should probably ask Mom if she wants the old one back.

Today is a beautiful day, it's Memorial Day weekend, and Brandon has an IEP meeting today for speech.

Our friends' son is in the hospital for a month, so please pray for the Barrett's. Basically, based on habit and juvenile arthritis pain, he is nine years old and has basically decided never to eat. It's not a real and true eating disorder, like bulimia or anorexia, it's just that he simply is very unhealthy, and nothing can convince him he needs to eat. Now that his stomach has shrunk, it hurts to eat anyway. This should be a long haul for their family, so please lift them up in prayer. They have five kids, ranging from... 18? Down to 2.

I now have two cub scouts, not just one. Brandon and Gabe got to go up in the ranks last night at our rocket derby, and now I have a Tiger and a Webelos 1. More meetings for us next year! Brandon is beyond excited. He's been waiting three years. I teased him that I'm not getting his uniform til Sept, for his birthday. He does not think that's funny.

Ok, random post is over now. Enjoy your glorious three day weekend!
blog comments powered by Disqus