Thursday, March 5, 2009

What I learned homeschooling today

I love homeschooling. I learn lots of stuff. My dad says this is my "real" motive for homeschooling at all. I admit it. I'm selfish.

Gabe is using "Understanding God's World" for science. It's a better science book than most I remember, and has stuff that is actually interesting about each subject. Just because it mentions God as creator and designer does not mean it dumbed down the science. Good stuff! He has to make a bird book, too, based on the birds in the science book. He has to draw and describe one bird per week. Next week is the Ruffled Grouse. So I decided to look it up on Google. Which of course led me to YouTube. I could spend days on YouTube. Who knew there was so much on there?

Here is the Greater Sage Grouse. I never knew there were so many kinds! No wonder bird watching is such a popular hobby.

blog comments powered by Disqus