Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Couldn't resist


I have to say, my mom's been getting some beauty forwards lately. I cracked up at this one.


I recently asked my friend's little
> girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she
> wanted to be President some day.
>
> Both of her parents, liberal Democrats,
> were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were
> President what would be the first thing you would do?"
>
> She replied, "I'd give food
> and houses to all the homeless people."
>
> Her parents beamed.
>
> "Wow, what a worthy goal," I
> told her, "but you don't have to wait until
> you're President to do that. You can come over to my
> house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my yard, and
> I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the
> grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can
> give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house."
>
> She thought that over for a few
> seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked,
> "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the
> work, and you can just pay him the $50?"
>
> I said, "Welcome to the Republican
> Party."
>
> **Her parents still aren't speaking
> to me.**

1 comment:

  1. That is funny. Not entirely accurate on either the Democrat or Republican positions, but it's funny. And I tend liberal on this issue, too :-) SO . . . it's Republican tested, liberal approved ($0.10 in virtual play money if you can recognize the reference).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.