Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Animal House

I know, I haven't been updating like I normally do. Facebook is easy for a lazy blogger. You find a cool article, you press "share" and boom! It's shared! No links to maneuver! I like it, but of course, I'm sure not everyone is nuts about Facebook, so I really should get back on here.

Let's see.... my sister R came to see us this past weekend and that was nice. My mom is coming for Easter, and bringing my other sister's dog with her for us to babysit rather indefinitely. I did volunteer, and she's an outdoor dog, so DH won't have to super allergic to the dorgy. Unless we bring her in the car, but I hardly have the car lately, so that shouldn't matter. Geena is the dog's name, and she's a very dark colored Sheltie. She's purebred, but she's not super by AKC standards, so she's spayed. She's also very shy, but likes kids because they don't tower over her. I made Mom promise to pay her vet bills should we incur any, and otherwise, I don't mind taking care of her. My parents currently have four dogs, and they do not claim any of them as their own. My grandpa died last year, leaving Max, a min-pin, or Miniature Doberman Pinscher. My dad calls him "Tweezer". None of us like him.

The other two dogs are Thalia, R's dog, and Friska, B's dog. Both were from the pound, and both are at least 10 years old now, and starting to slow down some. Thalia is white and pointy eared, about medium size, and has a taste for the neighbor's chickens. Friska has a HUGE garbage gut, and is Australian Shepherd/Samoyed. More hair than necessary, that's for sure. Great dog, knocks over small children in exuberance. May also scratch car paint, same reason.

So, I said no to Max, but I can stand Geena. Mom and Dad are working on sort of moving to CA, back to the ranch featured in my main picture. It's hard to move things like balers and tractors when you have most of your truck room taken up with doggies and crates and doggie food, etc. At least the last of MY "it followed me home" animals finally died this year. Yes, you read that right. I am 32, and my last cat, "Maniac", whom I left with my parents, finally did not come home. So I guess I can't fault my sisters for leaving animals there. My parents even bought a one way ticket for my horse one year. At least both horses on the property were never mine. One was a friend of mine, but Dad brought him home, not me!!

We used to have a lot of animals when I was a kid. We haven't had one in several years now. I've told my children that our youngest child IS their puppy, and he gets into enough things, thank you very much. A teething puppy I do not need.

I guess we should get some bunny ears for the dog and take pictures come Easter. Poor Geena. Her nerves will never be the same, but we promise to take her for walkies. There are other doggies in the neighborhood to meet. And our cat freeway in the back yard is about to come to a sudden end. Unless they like teasing her, of course....
blog comments powered by Disqus