Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spiritual and Physical Preparedness

There's a fine line between paranoia and preparedness,and I've been thinking about that a bit lately. I have food in my house to last a month, probably, especially if the power stays on and therefore, the freezer. It's really good to have food for a month in your house. It gives you a sense of security. I bought rice and beans and an emergency kit of food from Costco that has a shelf life of 20 years. In 20 years, if we haven't used it, it's also good for boy scout camp-outs, which we very well may be doing still.

I found this article very interesting. I've never heard of Our Lady of Kibeho, but it sounds like something people should read about. It happened in Rwanda, before the crazy massacres that followed. So sad, but they are actual Vatican approved apparitions. Why does no one care what happens in Africa? Well, we will care, because it seems like half our priests are from there now. They will do for us what we once did for them, change hearts and minds and lead others to Christ.

Please realize that the link below does not call for panic. It calls for waking up and smelling the coffee, and not just hoping things will get better soon. I, too, see things that make me think of the Y2K scare. I realize that some things are just silly. But I also think having things around you need in case you can't go to the store is a good thing. Blizzards, earthquakes, and the like happen everywhere. It's no fun to rely on the government in an emergency if it can't help you, like during Hurricane Katrina. Rely on Jesus, and your community, and yourself. It's much more likely to pay off.

See here: http://www.spiritdaily.com/prudentpreparation.htm
blog comments powered by Disqus