Thursday, March 19, 2009

Climate Change Scientists

Today on Facebook I came across this article. It is a few years old, but very pertinent, because I'm seeing more and more shutting up of some scientists vs. other scientists. I'm pretty amazed that folks like to use Galileo as an example of science being shut up by religion, when in fact, some scientists are treating science like a religion and will put up with no disagreement, even when the science is staring them right in the face.


http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110008220


This article explains a lot about that. Recently on Facebook, I was disagreeing that humans are the main cause of changes on the planet, and people told me, "But, the scientists all say such and such". So here's one scientist, from MIT, no less, who begs to differ. Fight fire with fire, I say.

I find this happens with Darwin and stem cell research, too. What is going on, really? I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but things are starting too look eerily similar. I guess whatever it is might be in history class 500 years from now. If they teach history then, that is.

I think I need to make a list of books and movies that are apt to remind us to keep our eyes open. Let's see if I can start:

Books: 1984, Brave New World, The Giver
Movies: Expelled, Lord of the Rings, The Matrix and sequels,
TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica
Leaders with eyes open: Ron Paul, Alan Keyes, Dave Ramsey, Pope Benedict XVI, The Dalai Lama

Help me out with the list, people!
blog comments powered by Disqus