Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Smockity Frocks

This is a blog I stumbled on and I liked her post, and felt uninspired myself, so I had to post it here. Smockityfrocks is on blogger, too.
I just thought this story and photo were a keeper!

As an aside, I have to get a filling redone this morning, Grace has to go to the hematology department (vampires) at Children's Hospital and get "poked" to test her blood and see if we need to know anything more about that hospital visit in February, and then next week, unbeknownst to him, Brandon is getting a filling, too, and they are giving him nitrous, because they already figured out by cleaning him that he is Not Fun in the dentist chair.

I'm definitely not telling him. You think this is less than kind? You don't know Brandon. To tell him would be like torture for a week, for all of us. Maybe when he's older, he'll be able to handle knowing more things ahead of time,
but that day has not yet come.


Monday, April 7, 2008

Guess Who Lost Her First Tooth Today?

If you know our family, you are probably doing a mental inventory of our kidlets and thinking, "Wait a minute. The only ones who haven't lost any teeth yet are the 2 year old and the 3 year old."

And you would be right.

The 2 year old had a run in with a tree this evening while we were having our semi-weekly fish fry. The tree won.

When I got to her, I saw that her mouth was very bloody and there were NO TEETH IN THE FRONT. Upon closer examination, I found that her teeth were indeed still in her mouth, but shoved so far up and into her gums, they were barely visible. Her top lip was extremely distorted by the rearranged teeth.

My husband immediately called the dentist at home, and he and a visiting uncle drove her the few blocks to the dentist's house. He stepped out onto the porch with his gloves on, while my husband held the girl, and tried to persuade the teeth to return to their rightful places.

One came right out and another is still in place, though at a very odd angle. We are to take her in during office hours for an x-ray just to make sure there is nothing broken.

The dentist said it was the worst case of a child's mouth injury he has seen in 30 years.


1 comment:

  1. "The dentist said it was the worst case of a child's mouth injury he has seen in 30 years."

    I feel sorry that she had to go through this, but I find this strangely comforting. "This is likely to be worse than anything I will go through!"

    I hope they are able to fix things enough that her adult teeth come in fine.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.