Tuesday, April 1, 2008

RV idea a little too late...

My mom emailed me this morning to tell me that our friend June Brush passed away in her sleep this morning. She and her husband Joe were near 90 years old when they died, about a year apart. I wanted to see them one more time, but I never got the chance. I was planning an RV trip for the month of June, ironically, but it wasn't soon enough. Hopefully I'll catch a few other people before they go. June babysat me and was the grandma on our street to everyone. She will be missed by many, many people. I always wanted to be like her when I "grow up", meaning when I'm old. She was fantastic. She gardened, she played with all the kids, she was such a happy person. Always smiling and glowing with energy. I am praying for her and Joe. They never did darken the door to a church, and we never asked why. Their son died when he was about to be married, and the lady he was going to marry married someone else. When they had two kids, those kids became the grandkids of Joe and June. They are about my age. Since we were neighbors in CA, we used to hang around together when the grandkids were over. Apparently right now, Tim and Randy are both travelling. I don't know if they know yet.

Prayers for Joe and June. May they be in Heaven, even if they never knew Jesus, because they were certainly some of the best souls on the planet. If I could hug them, I would, but I guess I'll have to wait.
blog comments powered by Disqus