Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Adoption/Birthday/Earth Day


Wow. What a day. I really do have to blog about how very special our family is and why today is just really cool.

First of all, today is the third anniversary of Brandon's adoption. I am trying to let him have as many of his favorite things as I can stand, so this morning I let him pick a movie. He picked Around the World in 80 Days with Jackie Chan, which we did actually receive many years ago from his birth mom through his sister, and never had watched. So we watched it. It's worth it just to see Arnold Schwarzenegger in his outfit of choice.

Next, we decided to have pannakakku for breakfast. It's a Finnish oven pancake. Brandon loves it. We put whipped cream on top.

I think we will do some small gardening today, in honor of Earth Day, of course. I got Brandon a dress up construction outfit from Costco, and it even has a level, which I need to finish the garden boxes. So we'll have to do that. The baby has a fever anyway, so I probably shouldn't go anywhere too exciting. I think he's teething.

Next on the agenda: It's Uncle David's 25th birthday. That means we need to make cards. I got him two books he'll need for when he moves out, so I hope he likes them. Francis says we need to buy one of them for ourselves. I keep buying it for other people, but never for me. Silly me.
Dave is going to karate tonight, so I have to make sure to give him presents and cake between 4-6pm. And guess what else? I got out the mixes to make Adobo and Sinigang and am thawing both pork and chicken as we speak. What are those, you ask? Why, they are Filipino dishes, of course. So this morning we are having Finnish (for me!) and tonight we are having Filipino (for Dave and Francis). Brandon loves Chinese food, so chances are, he'll be ok with Adobo. Sinigang, however, is apparently an acquired taste. It's a bit sour and our kids are not interested.

Sometime today I really have to consider going to JoAnn's for the things I need for Gabe's first communion banner.

So much to do, so little time. Our family is so cool. I never, ever, when I got married, thought I'd be cooking Sinigang and Pannakakku both on someone's adoption day.
blog comments powered by Disqus