Monday, April 7, 2008

meanderings...

I thought to myself, I really should blog. It's been a little while. But what shall I say? I guess I could start with this:
I went to Olympia to see Rachel and Matt and their son Peter and dog Daisy, and also Rachel's parents, Ferne and Mark. They are terrific. We went to Izzy's and we had lots of time to talk, and it was not even a bad car trip there or back, which is saying something. Our kids often make those trips miserable. Well, Grace did pee her pants about five minutes from home, but really, it was quieter than usual.
Rachel says I have ADHD when I talk. I told her it's all because I hang out with Eileen. So there you have it. Eileen is my excuse.
Our kids want me to replay the songs from the movie, "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou" over and over. They have good taste, don't they? Especially the one about going down to the river to pray. Gabe is so funny.
Francis has a lasik appt. for Wednesday so they can talk about what they'll be doing and when. Hooray! He'll be so happy.
We don't have second car yet. I really want one, but I think Francis wants to look out his eyeballs correctly first, and so I'll just have to be patient.
I've been finding that you get what you pay for with houses. I saw one for sale that was very cheap for the location, but a creek runs through the basement on occasion, and I'm not sure I'm ready to work on that. Upgrading this house is my first priority. But five bedrooms in Edmonds was awfully tempting. Really. ARGH.
I am waiting to find out if Francis can get the time off, but I think we're gonna RV to CA June 6-17th. It might be slightly different. We might leave on the 17th instead, but we'll be going, anyway.
Ok, I've put off my day enough now. Between this and Facebook, I can really procrastinate with the best of them!
blog comments powered by Disqus