Wednesday, March 26, 2008

a second car!

HOORAY!
I think we're getting a second car. And unlike all of our past money mistakes, this time, we're buying it in cash! So no payments on this one. It will be our "get thee to a park and ride" or "omigosh, you scheduled something at the same time?" car.
I am so excited. And we get to stay a Toyota family, because it's an older Camry. It needs to be checked at Toyota of Kirkland first to see if something is seriously wrong with it, but then I think we're good to go!
If you are wondering why this is so exciting, one thing is that I cannot take kids to soccer practice in the fall if Francis needs our one car. Gabe loves it, and Brandon has been watching for two years and I promised him he could if we got a second car. This year will bump us up to two games and four practices a week for 2.5 months, and I know they love it, but it was simply impossible with schedule changes at Francis' work and his need to not ride the bus every single day, especially when he works on Saturday and the bus doesn't run early enough to get him there. He works 30 mins away with no traffic, 7am-3pm. It is one hour on weekdays each way. Right now it's Monday-Friday, but it has been every other shift humanly possible at some point.
Anyway, I can hardly wait. No more bumming rides to the bus stop for Francis! No more walking home from it for an hour in 30 degrees when we couldn't make pick-up time and swimming lessons work.
Again, I say, HOORAY!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! And bought with cash, too . . . very cool.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.