Thursday, March 27, 2008

BSG! BSG! or Why did I cancel cable?

OMG.
I didn't know that the end of the new and improved Battlestar Galactica is this year. What was I thinking? The season is about to begin, and I cancelled cable! And I have to wait a year to see it!! Unless they put it on iTunes or something. AAAGHHHH!

I know very few people who read this with any regularity probably know what I'm talking about. They think, Wow, Ann Marie has really lost it. Isn't BSG that campy little show that made the original Star Trek look amazing? It was kind of like Bo and Luke loose in space. Francis tells me this is not accurate. Actually, he says nothing and looks like he is in pain. I guess that means I didn't watch enough of the original to know for sure, but it looks pretty awful.

So when the Sci Fi channel decided to redo the show into something modern, many were skeptical. But it is AMAZING! They fit great moral conundrums into almost every show. The characters are very human. There is some pretty gross stuff, but not every episode. It's just really fun. They even manage to make religion a somewhat central theme to the show!

I know it won't make sense if you haven't watched a single episode yet, because three seasons have gone by, but here is a website that will recap all three seasons in about 3-5 minutes. Click on "What the Frack is Going On?". I think my stomach muscles hurt from laughing...

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/index.php

Don't worry, Ethel, I'll get to the healthcare thing again, when my brain works. For now, fun stuff.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, this is better than healthcare discussion. I only watched the first couple episodes of BSG, but couldn't really get into it. I wanted to know what happened, but didn't want to actually watch it. So the 'short version' was great :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.