Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter!



Just wanted to say that. We didn't make it to any holy days other than Easter. I didn't even make it to confession this month, but I did last month. I really wanted to, and so did Gabe, but we just didn't make it. I completely forgot. Again. I think that there is a wall between me and what is good for me somedays.
I did have a loverly talk with Rachel today. It had been a while, and I missed her, and I'd like to be down there. Must make that happen.
I get to feed Eileen's kitty, Stormy, for Easter. Today I walked in and she never knew I was there. Manna from heaven, she must think.
Mom's package for the kids got here in the knick of time. Now that the kids are asleep, I can open it. We dyed eggs, too. I got a lot done today, especially without kids. Daddy saves the day! I bought a lamb roast! I spiced it up and put it in the fridge. We are going to our neighbors' house for Easter, because they invited us last year, too, and we really should say yes. Fun stuff! I don't think they're excited about the lamb, but I am, and there will be more leftovers for me that way!
Hooray!
Time to have a little chat with the Easter bunny....

2 comments:

  1. This is the first year I didn't go to Holy Thursday or Good Friday services. I only have two kids, but just with that alone prevents me from going. Their ages do not allow for solemnity. 1 and a half and 3 and a half is louder than 6 months and two and a half. Weird! My friend says by staying home with kids, we are definitly observing a fast of sorts. We need to plan a ladies night out for us Rosary gals to discuss issues in our lives. It is on my to do list. Time for me to go bunny hopping too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha!
    I know the guys really need a night too, and it's been on Francis' list to arrange one for quite some time, and then something always comes up at work. At least now he has a normal schedule. M-F and gets home around 4. Don't know how long it will last, but I'm gonna enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.