Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Dang, I'm tired.

I decided to write the first words I thought of. Sorry! :)

I have less than two weeks til my due date. The baby ticker is a few days off. November 22 is supposedly the day. That would be great if it was that day.

Tomorrow, nice people are going to come rip apart my kitchen and put a new one in. It will take three days, actually. The floor will be left alone, sadly, but I did not feel like playing with linoleum just now. I figured let them beat it to death one last time before I get a nice floor in there. New cabinets are going where none are now, which is very exciting. Can we say STORAGE? If you didn't know, this house is 967 sq ft. Storage is everything.

I've thought about getting a new house. The prices are ridiculously tempting. Seriously. But I want to be sure that we weather this recession as well as we are doing right now, and the last thing I need is a huge mortgage right when he loses his job or we have health problems or any number of things we can handle quite nicely if we stay put. There are definitely worse places to live. We have good neighbors, an almost safe neighborhood (never mind the knife murder in the woods and the bikini baristas on national news this fall...) and we live very close to many friends and our favorite family member. There's a lot to be said!

So... whenever we move, I always hate packing one place: the kitchen. It's awful. So what am I packing? The kitchen! And guess who ran out of boxes tonight??
Oh, and the bathroom. They are putting in a new vanity with some of the leftover granite. Oops. Better put all that stuff in the tub, I guess.

This will be worth it, I swear it will. I really hope my husband brings back boxes from work. Pleeeeze???

Good night, all. I will be slightly homeless for three days, but I will have my loverly laptop with me, and maybe I'll even make up for lost time blogging.
blog comments powered by Disqus