Sunday, June 1, 2008

T-5 and counting

Well, we're almost there. We've been plotting and planning for our RV trip for months, and it's coming right up. I got people to watch the house, the mail is stopped, the plants will be watered (right???) and now it's time to begin packing. Wow.
And Mom and Dad are apparently giving me a key to the CA ranch, so I might be able to cancel two nights of campground in Mendocino County, because I'll have somewhere to park. Hooray! I'm afraid to cancel til I know if the key works, though. Maybe I'll take that risk, maybe I won't. I can always see if I can get a spot on the Navarro Beach. I think there will be room. The kids are getting pretty excited.

There's a strong possibility Mommy is much too excited, and the kids are going to be more bored than they're expecting. Oh well. A tv and a laptop should take care of that.

So, if you were RVing for 10-11 days, and you were going down I-5 from the Seattle area to Sacramento, to San Francisco, and back up the coast through Mendocino, Grants Pass, Portland, etc., are there some favorite things we should do? We have plans, but they are flexible!

Nature hikes will be frequent!
HOORAY!

2 comments:

  1. Sacramento?

    Stopping by and saying hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately hit the rainforest (Trees of Mystery was a fun, touristy thing for kiddos, and of course, the drive through tree) and I have heard Glass Beach at Fort Bragg is amazing, (but it was thundering while we were near there, so we skipped it.) Of course, in SF, ride a trolley car and get a Sundae at Ghiradelli Square... Oh... have fun. I want to do another coastal drive...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.