Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My very first post

I finally gave in. If you want to know what inspired me... well, here's a funny story. You see, if you ask my husband about something, he's say, "It started with a girl". Never mind it's not usually me. But if you ask me, I'll say, "I know a funny story". Huh.
So, what did I give in about?
Well, I have been meaning to blog for a bit. It all started with a wedding, over a year ago. I went to the wedding of my friend Katie from college, and her now husband, Brian. It was 104 degrees at their wedding, I might add. I shared a hotel room with my three kids and another friend from college, Joe. I saw lots of people I hadn't seen since I left college, eight years before. That was kind of neat. One of them told me about a lovely blog, which is up for nomination in the Homeschool Blog Awards at this very minute. I read it daily now, thanks to Bernadette, and they always inspire me.
I thought to myself, why don't I do that? Like I don't have enough to do... for crying out loud! But I am so pathetic at keeping diaries, and my sister Bonnie read those (without asking, I may add, but she told me later), and anyway, I never finish anything written. But I love sharing stories and reading news that doesn't make it onto CNN, and things like that. And I don't want to correct papers right now. And wouldn't it be nice if I could just post pictures on here instead of facebook, so that people could really see them without giving up all their personal information? And then maybe I wouldn't need to continue forwarding funny things from my "favorite blogger lady" as I refer to DHM at this site: www.heartkeepercommonroom.blogspot.com. I refer to her as that because my husband can't remember what I'm talking about, and "common room" isn't going to stick in his mind as easily, much as he also enjoys their blog.
So that was my introduction to blogging. I tried it on Facebook, but then the application was erased completely, so that's all gone. I hope that won't happen here. Yikes! Good thing I hadn't gotten very far.
Please do be patient with me while I figure out pictures, links and other things like that.
Wheeee!!! A new toy for me to play with! Oooh... shiny!
blog comments powered by Disqus