Thursday, December 20, 2007

The kids are asleep!

I know I should correct papers, but the kids are asleep! We still have barf. I thought it was over, but it isn't. Grace just really holds on to that kind of thing. Which brings up a weird thing that happens around here at least once a week. Perhaps it happens at your home as well.
This is what happened at 11:30 am today:
I decided to help the kids make the gingerbread house we bought at Trader Joe's. I started making the "glue" and the baby decided I wasn't allowed to make a move without him. So he was in the jumper, screaming his fool head off. I decided to ignore this, because the kids deserve some of their mom's time, and besides, Josh was coming over soon to be babysat, I didn't want to attempt this project with his two year old body around. As I was spilling stuff all over and the baby was screaming, Grace very suddenly threw up. Thank goodness, not on the couch full of clean laundry, where she had been resting up til then, and not on the gingerbread house, either. Just herself and the carpet. The baby was still screaming.
So I cleaned her up, picked up the baby, and called Eileen to say that I could take Josh, but it was a risk, considering the cooties in the house. Happily, she found a way to make things happen that turned out to be better for everyone anyway.
And by noon, all was back to normal.
How do things like that happen? Why do they all happen at once? Cosmic sense of humor? I just don't get it.
Do you?

3 comments:

  1. We sure hope you and your family get feeling well again very soon! Barf stuff is not any fun and please let us know if you ever need the Bissell.
    Have a Blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha... steam cleaner? What made you think I need that? :)
    Thanks for checking in! We'll be praying for you all week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for recommending the TJ's gingerbread house -- we made one too, there are little decorator candies everywhere, but the kids each get to eat the section they decorated, so they are excited. Hope there is no more barfing soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Especially thoughtful ones.