Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas list

Wow. It's almost Christmas. Why can't I focus on the reason for the season? I seem only to be able to focus on lists. Christmas lists. They are not just to Santa. Here is mine.
1. Clean house (about half done, group effort of Francis, Dave and I)
2. Go over budget with husband.
3. Upload a cute pic to Walmart so I can get photo Christmas cards. No time to get a family picture before then, and honestly, it can wait til next year. I'll work on it in January, so we have a picture with four kids in it instead of three.
4. Get all my information into Francis' old ipod.
5. Bake cardamom bread.
6. Send stuff to nearest relatives for Christmas.
7. Send sympathy cards to three people.
8. Help our friends gut their house.
9. Make a master list of library volunteers.
10. Update boy scout stuff all the way.
11. Grade MODG stuff
12. Do fun holiday stuff with family and friends.

There it is. The twelve days of Christmas. Wow.
Just tell me to stop and take a nap instead.

God bless us, every one.

Meanwhile, please pray for:
my dad and mom as they clean up after "hurricane Astoria" Pearl Harbor Day was their 39th Anniversary.
my sister and her boyfriend, for some wisdom
my aunt, who passed away last week
Francis' grandpa, who passed away at Thanksgiving, and for that whole side of the family in general.
For my grandpa , who just moved into an assisted living facility, and is having trouble breathing. He's 95 or so.
For my other sister to find a job soon.
For Rachel, Matt, and little boy Peter, that their prayers are answered soon.
For Eileen and Eric and their cutie pies, as they welcome the first birth child to their family.
For our godchildren and their mama, who is probably really tired.
For Brandon's birth parents at Christmas, it must be hard.

So many people to pray for. It's nice to write it down so I can't forget.
Have a blessed Advent. TKC (Thy Kingdom Come)!
blog comments powered by Disqus